Pianist and Accompanist
Jenny holds a Licentiate in Piano Performance from the Guildhall School of Music. She is an accomplished, classically-trained pianist, with experience in soul/swing bands, theatre pits and solo performance. She accompanies choirs and ensembles, plays for the Harby Harlequins, and is currently Mansion Pianist at Belton House. She alsoaccompanies for Trinity, ABRSM and London examinations, and is an official ISTD ballet pianist.
A good sight reader, Jenny is in demand and her repertoire (list here) is varied. She plays for weddings and functions, meeting reasonable requests. A portable stage piano is available.
YouTube recordings - please view by clicking on the labels
Keeping order in the pit
Massed Choirs, De Montford, Leicester
Flanders and Swann songs
Jenny has led youth productions of Peter Pan, 42nd Street, Back to the 80s and the Sound of Music, and overseen productions of Sweeney Todd, The Mikado, Fiddler on the Roof, HMS Pinafore and Carousel by The Grantham Singers and Grantham Operatic Society . She is now MD for female singing group ( InVoice)and Motif, an instrumental wedding trio (flute, violin and piano).
- Jenny is the ideal keyboard player : reliable, adaptable and an accomplished performer. She also has the sense of humour necessary to cope with us lot. She is a delight to work with!" (Richard Hedley, MD, Harby Harlequins)
- "Thank you, for playing, it is so easy to work with professional musicians such as you." (Edgars Cuzunskis, MD Old Dalby Singers, Massed Choirs)
- "Jenny has slotted in brilliantly. She accompanies sensitively, with technical aplomb whilst having a fantastic sense of humour and positive outlook, which helps put the choir at ease, even when the going is tough! A joy to work with."
- "Jenny, thank you so much for accompanying this student for her viola pieces - she came to her lesson today much more confident, which is all down to you".
- "Jenny is well liked and as Musical Director, used her extensive skills to ensure that the soloists and chorus were able to give of their best and that the band provided the complex musical accompaniments required." NODA (National Operatic and Dramatic Association).
- "Some beautiful music, pitched at the right level and, again, Jenny was super in rehearsals." (A chorus member)
- "Last night's performance of The Mikado was superb ... you worked hard driving musical performances out of the cast, everyone did you proud. Your playing and orchestra were lovely". (An audience member)
© Copyright JSW Music